Personally identifiable information on individual users will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection. Further, Optima reserves the right to contact a user regarding matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected.
Users also should be aware that non personal information and data may automatically be collected through the standard operation of Optima internet servers or through the use of “cookies.” Information about “Cookies” is usually available in the help section of most browsers.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending an email message stating you do not want to receive e-mail from our company. Users should be aware it may be impossible to delete all references to a user without some residual information remaining because of backups and deleted records.
Optima reserves the right to change this policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a new privacy statement. This statement outlined herein is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
The Optima website has links to other websites which will have different privacy trading and use policies and conditions and the User should familiarise herself with them.
Optima will endeavour to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the following principles:
(1) Personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully This means that individuals should not be deceived or misled into supplying information
(2) Data should only be obtained for a specified purpose and should not be used for any other purpose
(3) Personal data should be adequate relevant and not excessive in relation to its purpose
(4) Personal data should be accurate and up to date where necessary
(5) Personal data should not be kept longer than is needed for its intended purpose
(6) Personal data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the individual which the information concerns
(7) Personal data should not be transferred outside the European Community
For more information on the Data Protection Act, you can call (UK) 01625 545 700 or visit the Data Protection website.[/toggle]